Google Apps Script for SMS notifications and more

I've recently learned that the Google platform enables you to connect various services via server side ECMAScript.

I've encountered a nice example which sends out a notification for each e-mail that your filters tag as urgent. I've altered a lot of its functionalities, and now it supports the following:

  • Concatenates the subject and the body
  • Jams the first 60 characters in the title, the next 63 characters in the location
  • Preprocess automated mails to only keep the most important fields (RegExp does wonders)
  • Extract and aggregate various daily indices of interest (UrlFetchApp is also nice)
As an exception to my usual philosophy, I will have to give second thought if I should be sharing these enhancements or not this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tftp secret of TL-WR740N uncovered

Hidden TFTP of TP-Link routers

Haskell for embedded: C output, compilers, monads, Timber