They're using standard rail gauge in our capital city

We went to the Function demoparty organized at our capital city a few years ago with a friend of mine. He asked on the way to the party place on a HEV vehicle if they use standard rail gauge. I couldn't come up with a definite answer then, but I was pretty sure in that they use the 1,435 mm, so called 'Normal gauge'. This post has been written now because I have just recently bumped into that article.

Another interesting point is that the HEV is not light rail, but commuter rail instead.

MAV has been doing bridge reconstruction recently. While these works are underway, MAV vehicles use a section of the northern HEV line. See below for a few neat videos about this.
youtube: MAV on BKV HEV
youtube: MAV trains on HEV rails
youtube: Desiro to Margaret bridge
youtube: HEV&MAV trains

By the way, I'm still open to suggestions concerning my grammar and spelling. Please don't hesitate about either posting here or sending me mail! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tftp secret of TL-WR740N uncovered

Hidden TFTP of TP-Link routers

Haskell for embedded: C output, compilers, monads, Timber