The "linux" tag in my blog

Please don't be intimidated by the fact that I always tag my articles with "linux". This is not snob ignorance and I don't mean to ignore or belittle any other operating system. I can't come up with a tag that is both fair *and* remotely understandable by humans! :) As of 2008, I think "the Linux operating system" (yeah, I'm on your side in the argument for distributions and the */GNU marking! :-D) does ring a bell in some heads. After Minix$N has gained world domination, I will adjust my tags accordingly. I have considered trying some other tags, like: oss-os, libre-os, gnu-os, posix-os, unix, unix-like, bsd-os, darwin, plan9, inferno, opensolaris, minix3, haiku, ...

In short, if I write something related to the Linux kernel, I will use the tag "linux kernel". Otherwise when I use the tag "linux", I refer to any free open source software operating system.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tftp secret of TL-WR740N uncovered

Hidden TFTP of TP-Link routers

Haskell for embedded: C output, compilers, monads, Timber