My luck with google on Valentine's day (UNIX Epoch 1234567890)

The day before yesterday, something remarkable happened. I was preparing to go to sleep and turn my computer off. I have closed all applications and almost hit the power button when something flashed into my mind. I forgot to check something important: I wanted to do a web search, so I fired up Google. And to my great surprise the standard Google logo was replaced with a very interesting one. It said the following:

Google
$ date +%s
1234567890


UTC 1234567890

I have understood that immediately, but I hesitated for a few seconds because of the surprise. When I typed it in a terminal, the output was as expected: 1234567897 (because of the overall reaction time). I clicked on the logo to see the background story.

I wonder for how long that logo was enabled. Was it there for only a second? Am I really so lucky to have snitched the exact second of that happening?! Add to the fact that it was Friday the 13th in UTC (but already Valentine's day in CET). It's a pretty odd event anyway if you ask me! :)

And by the way, because of this distraction I forgot what I was looking for... :-D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tftp secret of TL-WR740N uncovered

Hidden TFTP of TP-Link routers

Haskell for embedded: C output, compilers, monads, Timber