www.bkil.hu downtime next week

My web host is changing their terms of service and have sent me notice that on the 28th of November, they will stop hosting my service.

They say that they have already informed my on the 26th of July about this issue, though I don't recall having read that.

I'm still searching for alternatives. As a backup plan, I'm in the process of activating Google Apps services on the domain until a solution is found. Unfortunately, I'm not sure naked domain redirection would work in this phase. Also, my domain registrar has no online control panel, so I have to take the longer, manual route of adjustments.

Comments

  1. Transition was pretty smooth, e-mail flow unobstructed, no downtime.

    DNS adjustment happened around 20111202T1530CET, DNS propagation can take up to 48 hours.

    Sadly, naked domain redirection does not work at the moment, but I hope I can get it working soon. Until then, the site is available via www.bkil.hu

    The cv subfolder is also a TODO.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tftp secret of TL-WR740N uncovered

Hidden TFTP of TP-Link routers

Haskell for embedded: C output, compilers, monads, Timber