FreeGuide EPG with daemonized XMLTV

I'm evaluating FreeGuide, an electronic program guide supporting XMLTV.

I wrote a tool to grab the TV guide for a few days in advance. I schedule it to run on startup and twice an hour. I have to run it so often as my PC at home is only switched on for a few hours each day (either manually or via automated recording scheduler). Note that polling would be unneeded after correctly implementing a universal power scheduler. Despite such frequent invocation, it only executes the core process if no update has happened in the last two days. It also splits the downloaded guide by days to lower processing in the update helper below and to make a possible future selective update easier.

I made an update helper for FreeGuide which keeps track of the data which was imported to the viewer previously and initiated importing of only the new parts.

One of my next projects will be to install and tweak teletext based XMLTV provider for Hungarian norms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tftp secret of TL-WR740N uncovered

Hidden TFTP of TP-Link routers

Haskell for embedded: C output, compilers, monads, Timber