Church bells and synthesis using computers

I am interested in simulating the generation of the sound of bells. My ultimate objective is to synthesise a bicycle bell. I had done some web research on the topic, but it is not easy to find concrete implementation details. I had to resort to a bell manufacturer's site that included a lot of details on the sound generation modes of church bells in general.

Thankfully, it also had a few graphs on the sound spectrum of these, so I had a good starting point. I then started coding some test routines (sadly in C++), and got pretty promising results after some fiddling with constants and the like. I am pleased with the end result, as it closely resembles the real thing. What is still left, is to record and analyze spectrograms of those bells that are used with bicycles. I have previously tried tweaking the constants of the church bell with no luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tftp secret of TL-WR740N uncovered

Hidden TFTP of TP-Link routers

Haskell for embedded: C output, compilers, monads, Timber